Thursday, June 30, 2011

Salty Runner

I read an article today about "salty runners".  According to the article, some runners sweat out a ridiculous amount of salt when they run.  I fall into that category, or at least the little online test that accompanied that article would lead me to believe that I do.  And for a person who works to keep the amount of sodium in their diet down, you might think this is good.  But not so much.  This actually makes you more sluggish when you run and affects your muscles.  The fix is a sports drink.  So I guess that means I'll be doing my long runs and toting along Gatorade (in addition to the exciting gels).
Miles logged: 5.75
Miles I was supposed to log: 3
Pace: 9:15 / mile
Tomorrow is a rest day.  I won't lie - I'm totally looking forward to the day off.  My legs are tired after logging almost 30 miles in the past 5 days.  I'll be spending the day with the boy at the water park.  Yay for summer hours and vacation time!

No comments:

Post a Comment