Wednesday, August 17, 2011

No New Kicks For You

I went to my local running store today to buy some gels and replacement running shoes (my current pair are close to spent.)  To my horror, I was told that they discontinued my shoe.  What, what, what???  Damn you Brooks!!!  Why can't you leave well enough alone!?  I have been running in  Glycerin 8s since I got orthodics.  I am hesitant to switch to the updated version, so my only other option is to go online and buy out the remaining stock from one of the online giant retailers.  This is sad because I'd rather give my money to the local running store which organizes group runs and puts on races than one of the online stores.  Frickin, frackin.

Subsequently, I'm wondering if I might be close to wearing out my orthodics, too.  I've seemed to have developed a reoccuring blister on one of my toes.  I used some body glide on it during my run today, which seems to have helped, but I can't help but wonder (how Sex and the City of me) if the blister is a sign of worn orthodics?  Or maybe just a sign of lots of miles?  I guess I'll find out soon enough.

As for today's run, it was perfectly fine.  Typical.  Miles 1-3 were more challenging, I loosened up after mile 4, and plowed on through miles 4-7.  I think I need to be better about stretching.  I did a lot of downward dog stretching after today's run.  Hope that helps for tomorrow.

Miles logged: 7.25
Miles I was supposed to log: 7
Pace: 9:40 / mile

No comments:

Post a Comment