Monday, August 1, 2011

Whirlwind

Back from our trip.  The long run in Oshkosh was good.  I got up at 5:00 a.m. and hit my route, with a few pit stops here and there.  As usual, the first 4 miles sucked, but I felt good after that.  What's more impressive though, is that I then went and walked around the show all day after that.  I like that I basically ran a half marathon (minus .6 miles) and then felt just fine to do another (relatively) physical activity for the rest of the day.  Yay for strong runner legs!

Subsequently, I tried out a few new gels on my Saturday run.  I can say with certainty that I can cross off the GU gels from the list of gels I'll use in the future.  The consistency was like snot.  Bleh.

Thursday:
Miles logged: 5.25 (pre-flight)
Miles I was supposed to log: 3
Pace: 9:15 / mile

Saturday:
Miles logged: 12.5
Miles I was supposed to log: 12
Pace: 9:45 / mile

Today:
Miles logged: 4.5 (with a vacation hangover)
Miles I was supposed to log: none
Pace: 9:15 / mile

No comments:

Post a Comment