Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pour a Little for My Fallen Homies

It was over 3 1/2 years ago that we bought our treadmill.  At the time, I was trying to get pregnant but had not yet been successful.  I started walking 2-3 miles a day on the treadmill, and within the month, I was pregnant.  No kidding.  Clomid did nothing for me except to make me hormonal, crazy and stressed out, but a little bit of physical activity, and all the sudden I was knocked up.  I walked all of the way through a particularly complicated pregnancy, which I am quite positive kept me healthy enough to handle all of the randomness that happened health-wise during that time in my life.  I took six weeks off post-partum to recover from my c-section, and then back to it.  When after a few months, I decided I wanted more of a challenge, I threw a little bit of running in during my daily walk.  By the boy's first birthday, I was running 5 miles a day, and the rest (as they say) is history.  Today, I run because it keeps me healthy.  I run because it makes me feel strong.  I run because I can.

All of this to say that I think my treadmill is close to death, and that makes me sad.  I figure I've logged a little over 4680 miles in the last 3 1/2 years, about 2/3 of which were on that treadmill.  My mechanic is working on it now to see if we can coax a few more months out of it, but if it lasts that long, I'll be impressed.

Miles logged: 6.35
Miles I was supposed to log: 6
Pace: 9:30 / mile

No comments:

Post a Comment