Thursday, July 21, 2011

Too Hot to Function

Unless you live in Seattle or have not left your house in a week, you are likely being tormented by the ridiculous heat wave scorching the country right now.  Well today, it officially hit us here in DC.  I have been hot since I walked the dog at 7:00.  And even running on the treadmill tonight, in a temperature controlled environment, I was still feeling the heat permeate from the window in front of me as a ran.  (Yeah, our windows are crap.)  I was so not feeling my run today.  Furthermore, I am completely dreading the long run scheduled for Saturday (as the low Friday night is only supposed to get down to 81.)  If I'm lucky, when I head out the door at 6:00 a.m., it will only be in the low 80s.  Yuck.  I'm over this heat, and wishing that I still lived in San Luis Obispo.

Miles logged: 5.65
Miles I was supposed to log: 3
Pace: 9:15 / mile

No comments:

Post a Comment